5.09.2012

Cool Card

This card was for my Mom's Godson. She got him a snow cone machine for his birthday because he LOVES ice. The machine was even in the shape of an igloo! This inspired me to use "cool" and the penguin for a bit of pun fun.

I used the April SOTM You Are... and the cricut cartridge Create a Critter (highly recommend this cartridge, especially for kids' stuff, I use it ALL the time). The card base is kraft and I used the colors bamboo, twilight, and outdoor denim. I also sponged some white on the kraft to try and get a frosty look. I wrapped natural hemp around the piece of outdoor denim card stock and used 3D tape to give Mr. Penguin some added dimension. White and bamboo pieces were edged in twilight ink, twilight pieces were edged in outdoor denim, and outdoor denim pieces were edged in white.
I really like how it turned out.

No comments: