5.19.2012

These are a few of my favorite things...

In no particular order (because a significant order would be impossible!)

KRAFT! I use it like crazy! (well, I guess everything in this post I use like crazy, but I digress...)

LIQUID GLASS! It's the most versatile glue out there. I use it to build boxes, adhere those beautiful 3D rolled flowers, add a glossy finish, seal down glitter, and keep string and ribbon ends neat. I love it because it makes whatever it's adhered to stronger. (Especially when building boxes, it makes the tabs/folds that are glued down much more durable. If you feel the card stock when it's dry it's much thicker and harder to bend.) Plus, when used for finishing it looks like an epoxy sticker! Except it's custom! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

SPONGES! So simple right? but I use them for almost every project. Not only to ink edges, but also to color bigger, less detailed, outline stamp images. I cut my sponges into little wedges for more precision, plus I can cut a piece for every color.

3D FOAM TAPE/POP DOTS! Using a small piece of this behind an image or element can make a huge difference. Plus, I use it for button and string fasteners.

LOVE LIFE STAMP SET (SPECIFICALLY THAT GIANT SWIRL)! That is my number one stamp. I stamp it all over the place, especially backgrounds. I love to stick flowers on top of it because it gives it the look of vines/leaves. Plus, it's a forgiving stamp that doesn't have to be lined up perfectly.

ART PHILOSOPHY CRICUT COLLECTION BY CTMH! The absolute best cartridge out there, no doubt about it (and I have a pretty impressive collection). My favorite shapes are those magnificent rolled 3D flowers and the Chinese takeout box.

PEARL OPAQUES ADHESIVE GEMS! O how classy! I love them and they're so easy to stick on wherever!

SAKURA CLEAR GLITTER GEL PEN! Just a bit of sparkle and shine! Precise application and no where near as messy as glitter!

SAKURA GLUE PEN! But if you do want to get messy... this lets you add glitter to small areas easily. It is also perfect for tiny cricut cuts (like the beak, feat, and scarf on the penguin card I made) and anything with odd shape protrusions (swirls or smiler ornate cuts).

SAKURA WHITE GEL PEN! This is the best white gel pen ever!

BAKER'S TWINE! So colorful!

GLUE DOTS! Great for buttons and other non-paper items.




The unsung heroes of paper crafting... the tools I use every time and are now considered necessary for ANY and EVERY project.

MICROTIP SCISSORS (can't paper craft without scissors, and these are much more precise than the average pair)
PAPER TRIMMER (straight edges make a huge difference)
SCORING BOARD and BONE FOLDER (nice folds, perfect for making boxes and other 3D items)
DOUBLE SIDED TAPE (paper on paper action, for all those layers)
INK (can't stamp without it)
CLEAR RULER
PENCIL, PEN, and NOTEBOOK

1 comment:

Kigz said...

Hi Ashley! Loved this--I am one of your team members on Damask Divas and I have really admired your work. In fact...You have been nominated for the “Liebster Award” Please follow the link to view your nomination. http://mimimyselfandibykigz.blogspot.com/2012/05/nomination-for-blog-award-who-mimi.html