6.30.2012

Birthday Circus!

 I absolutely, positively, LOVE these papers from Basic Grey! I love the colors and how there is a mix of bold and subtle colors. I chose to highlight more bold colors in this card. (I went with the more subtle colors on a new baby card and box that I made, but I have to wait to post it because I haven't given it away yet.) Anyways, there are two paper packs, (the other one is more girly) and of course I got them both and in both sizes, 6x6 and 12x12.

I made this card for my friend for her birthday. I'm super happy with how it turned out. It kind of has a circus feel and reminds me of the traditional kid party. I used the the Cherish the Day stamp set for the June subway style collage image; the ticket frames, giraffe, patterned lines, and "hello there" are all from Zoology; and the stars and swirls are from Love Life. I used the colors cocoa, juniper, olive, goldrush, tulip, and honey. I also inked all the edges with bamboo. I tied natural hemp through the button and raised it up, along with the stars, using 3D foam tape.


1 comment:

Kigz said...

I am so glad to see you posting again! :) Adorable birthday card, and great inspiration!