6.30.2012

Confetti Card

This is my first confetti card and the first time I have ever used a sewing machine on a card. It took multiple tries to get that stitching and it's still FAR from perfect. If I ever attempt a confetti card again, I think I'll use 3D tape to make more of a box rather than a sleeve.

This card is pretty busy. It was for my friend's wedding and I wanted it to match her colors. I used lagoon, chocolate, colonial white, and pool party (pool party is SU not CTMH). I used two different sized hole punches to make the confetti and a clear paper protector to cover it. I cut a bunch of different sized flowers with my cricut and stamped them with different background patterns.The swirly pattern is one of the flowers in Hooray Bouquet and the crisscross lines are from You Are... I outlined the letters and the flowers with a clear glitter gel pen and added gems to the middle of the flowers. On the inside of the card I layered the sentiment over a tag/frame image. I think it gives it more depth and ties them together. The congratulations tag/frame is from the Cricut Collection, the "Congratulations" is from Limited Edition, and the little hearts are from Love Life.


2 comments:

Kigz said...

Great color scheme! The stitching looks totally fine! You are brave to even try it, lol.

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks!