6.30.2012

Father's Day Card

I really like making pennants and flags lately. They're super easy and fun to make. Plus they're a great dimensional element and super cheap!

I used a toothpick to make this little flag. I stamped the spotted fade from Enjoy Life in sky on white daisy card stock. Then I put together the sentiment with the Tiny Typewriter alphabet and stamped it in black. I love how easy it is to put together sentiments with the clear My Acrylix stamps. I lay them out on a grid and know exactly how big it will be and what it will look like when stamped. To give the flag a more comic book look, I outlined the edges with a black pen. I recommend using a ruler for long edges. I did the same thing on the stars and the "awesome" which came from the edge of the paper. I distressed the edges of the pattern papers and the piece of white daisy on the inside but nothing that had the black edge. I also wrapped black and white baker's twine around the middle and added a white button. That black and white polka dot tape is a SMASH book accessory. I wanted to balance the cluster so I added yellow brads to the corner. The stars are from Love Life and stamped in cranberry and moonstruck.

No comments: