8.31.2012

Damask Divas Blog Hop: Projects with Clementine

If you're coming from Melissa Thompson's blog you're in the right place!

Of all the new paper packs this is the one I have used the most. I LOVE it! My favorite part is probably how it can be transitioned from summer to fall, and that is what I wanted to showcase here for you today! I also used the fabulous new burlap ribbon which works so well with this paper pack!

I made three different projects: a summer card with a beachy feel, a back-to-school tag and note that could be given to a teacher to say thanks or to a student feeling a bit nervous, and a treat bag for Thanksgiving or any fall celebration. 

For the little card, I stamped the crab and sentiment from Under the Sea in Saddle and then colored it in Sorbet with the blending pen. I slightly inked the edges of the circle and the D&P paper with some Champagne. (I also inked the edges with Champagne on the back-to-school tag and the pumpkin and tag on the treat bag.) I added little googly eyes for fun. Burlap ribbon and a couple of adhesive pearls add the finishing touch and some 3D tape adds dimension. 

The back-to-school tag is from the new CTMH Cricut Artiste cartridge along with the treat bag. However, I did have to use a hole punch to make the hole bigger on the tag because of the small size I cut it at. The sentiment is from Kudos which comes with the Artiste collection and the little star is from Love Life. The sentiment is stamped in Saddle and the stars are stamped in Creme Brulee. I used left over scraps of the burlap ribbon and 3D foam tape to prop it up. The tiny sparkles on the stars are from the brown and tan assortment which is also new and works great for a more vintage/distressed piece. I tied the tag to the pencils with Creme Brulee baker's twine from the paradise assortment and VOILA! 

Last but not least the treat bag. I used liquid glass to assemble it, and I HIGHLY recommend doing this because it makes it so much more durable. The pumpkin is from So Grateful and the tag is from Perfect Fit - Halloween. Sentiments are again stamped in Saddle, the pumpkin and frame are stamped in Sorbet, and the stem and vines are stamped in Cashmere. I fussy cut the pumpkin and used natural hemp to tie on the tag. The bag stays closed with a bit of velcro. 

Now hop on over to Sharon Chapman's blog!
For more check out our Damask Divas team blog!






19 comments:

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Wow Ashley - you created a bunch of stuff. Great job!! Love this blog hop. Have a super weekend!! Hugs, Gloria

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Craft Me This said...

Wow you have been busy. Love all the projects.

Carolyn Mendoza-Canales said...

Nice work!! Love that cute little bag for Halloween.

Karina said...

ALL so cute, love the bag most!

Kigz said...

Absolutely LOVE these! The burlap is so amazing on these and that pumpkin is so gorgeous. Thank you so much for another inspiring post, Ashley!

CydneyF said...

I have to agree, I love the bag the most but they are all so cute. Great job!

Sheri Ann Henderson said...

Love all your items you made. The bag is also my favorite!!!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! You too!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! I tried to fit in as much crafting time as possible before school started!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks Carolyn! I can't wait for next month's Moonlight hop!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! I want to try one of the Artiste purses next. That cartridge has so many wonderful 3D items!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thank you Amie! You always leave the sweetest comments! I'm obsessed with the new burlap ribbon.

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! I'm loving all the new 3D items from Artiste.

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! That bag seems to be the winner. I'll have to make some more!

Nickie Hoffer said...

Great Job Ashley. I love it all.

Debi said...

Like them all. The burlap ribbon is so versatile. Thanks for sharing.

Paper Memories4u said...

Love all the burlap and the great ways you used it. The pumpkin stamp is my favorite and I haven't even used it yet.

Stephanie Davis said...

Love the bag! Love the crab with the cute googly eyes! Love how you used the burlap too! :)

ScrapNJeannie said...

Love your work Ashley, great job!