8.16.2012

Mojo Monday 254: Paper Lantern Party

This is my first ever Mojo Monday entry! I used the Paper Lantern stamp set because I liked how the string/line stamp worked for the ribbon element, and I thought a few lanterns would fill the rectangle shape nicely. I also wanted to use the new burlap ribbon. I thought it was perfect for this. I absolutely love this stuff! However... I highly recommend sealing the edges of the burlap with liquid glass or a similar type of glue. Otherwise, it gets really stringy and easily falls apart. (Unless that's the look you want.) It also helps to keep the shape of the edge so it looks crisp. I also do this on baker's twine and some ribbons. If you look closely at the edges you can see there's a bit of shine where I sealed it. Usually, if I use any ribbon or string I wrap it around whatever layer it's on. However, since I was already adding 3D foam tape to the rectangle piece and the lanterns, I didn't want another layer bulgy or popped up. Soooo, I just cut and sealed the edge. It turned out way better than I expected. The paper I used is from the Clementine paper pack. The colors of the lanterns are Créme Brulee, Sorbet, and Twilight. The string/line and sentiment are Saddle. I fussy cut the lanterns and was shocked when I realized I had not used my Cricut at all! I can't remember the last time I made a card or project without one Cricut cut! Probably not since I bought it!



2 comments:

Kigz said...

Turned out FABULOUS!!! Great colors and love your interpretation of the sketch! Way to use your Mojo, Ashley! ;)

Ashley Greaux said...

Thanks! I'm loving using the mojo sketches.