9.15.2012

Wedding Card

My inspiration for this card was that I wanted a modern meets traditional look, and I love the yellow and grey combo. I also wanted to include embossed white card stock because that always reminds me of weddings. I started with my embossed white card stock layered on a white card base. I used a swirly cuttlebug embossing folder. The strip of Crème Brulee D&P is from Dotty for You. The banner piece is the NEW Slate color. (It looks more like putty in the full picture but the angle close-up is more true to life.) The image/sentiment is from Salutation Seals and is stamped in the NEW Whisper color. I also stamped it again in black on a scrap piece and fussy cut the center with the sentiment (which is of course popped up with 3D foam tape). The stamp doesn't technically coordinate with Art Philosophy or Artiste but a circle is a circle! Just measure a tad past the stamp and VOILA! I also layered a bling button on top of a clear button by stringing them together with black baker's twine (from the neutral assortment) and tying a bow on top. That strip of silver shimmer is actually ribbon I got at the craft store last Christmas (which I also got in gold, red, green, pink, purple, and blue), but it does look an awfully lot like the NEW adhesive silver shimmer trim.

1 comment:

Kigz said...

Gorgeous! I am loving the colors together.