11.30.2012

12 Days of Christmas! Damask Divas Blog Hop: Pear and Partridge

It's the 1st! Time for another Damask Divas Blog Hop!
If you're coming from Tiffany's blog you're in the right place!

I used the fabulous Pear and Partridge papers to make some paper beads! I cut triangles from 6" by 3/4"  strips and used clear mod podge to wrap them around clear straws. When they dried I just cut off the ends and viola! I can't wait to make more of these! So much fun!

For the bracelet I used a clear stretchy cord, clear plastic beads, metal beads and spacers, and a cute little charm and loop. To tie it off I knotted the cord 4 times and put a little liquid glass on it. I pulled it through one of the clear plastic beads while it was still wet and let it dry so the knot is hidden in the center of the bead. I strung the extra cord through the adjacent beads and snipped any excess.

To package it, I cut a small gable box out of kraft and wrapped more Pear and Partridge around it. The tag is only strung through one of the handles so it can be opened without messing with it. I love all the cute boxes and 3D items found in artiste! Perfect for Holiday packaging!

The tag is Olive and Kraft card stock, Olive and Cocoa ink, and some silver bells and hemp cord! The "homemade" sentiment is from Crafted With Love, the "a gift for you" is from Enjoy! and the "to" and "from" are from the October SOTM A Very Merry Christmas.


Now head on over to Sandra's blog for even more awesome inspiration with Pear and Partridge!
The entire line up can be found at the Damask Diva's blog

14 comments:

Kigz said...

I totally have to try these beads!!! What a fantastic matched up gift-set! Love it, Ashley!

Dana Paper Memories4u said...

Ashley, you do AMAZING work!!! I love the bracelet and have never seen anything like it before. The box is the perfect finishing touch.

angel4ever said...

Wow! Such beautiful beads!

Sheri Ann Henderson said...

Very cute bracelet and nice box. Great job!!!

latisha gilliland said...

I never would have thought to make beads with paper, AMAZING! I Love these! I am going to start using bells :)

ScrapNJeannie said...

The gift box is really amazing and the bracelet to go with it, great gift idea! Another superb project Ashley! Love jeannie

Kristi said...

This is an awesome gift and box! Beautiful.
kidshomelove at yahoo dot com

Traci Williams said...

WOW! This is such impressive work and to give the recipe, you are going to start a great trend! Truly inspiring and beautiful.

Mary P said...

This is beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Gloria Shirr (purpleglo) said...

Very creative and adorable Ashley!!

http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

Debi said...

Beautiful gift.

KristiDaroci said...

what a great idea!

Marianne said...

What awesome projects. Thanks for sharing!

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

surfnfroggie said...

Wow what great bracelet,I must try this! Thanks for sharing!