4.25.2013

Papertrey April Blog Hop Challenge: Tilted

This is my first ever entry in the PTI blog hop! To see everyone's great stuff check out Nichole's blog.

I've never really tilted anything besides little clusters or accents so this was a great challenge for me to try. I embossed the floral background image in clear then sponged the colors over. (The trick is to plan for room in between the colors so they over lap and make a nice blend.) I cut a round sponge into a bunch of tiny wedges, so I could ink a lot of colors and have more precision. I added a ribbon for a cleaner edge between the white and the rainbow and then topped it off with a black button and black sparkles.


THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Mini Blooms, CTMH In The Background
Ink: CTMH Hollyhock, Blush, Sorbet, Buttercup, Sweet Leaf, Juniper, Twilight, and Black, Versamark, CTMH Clear embossing powder
Paper: PTI Rustic White Card Stock
Embellishments: PTI 1/4" White Silk Ribbon, CTMH Black & Grey Sparkles, CTMH Black Buttons, 

8 comments:

Leigh said...

Lovely card! I love the inking you did over your embossing and how you tied the ribbon through your buttons like that!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Such a pretty card!

Larissa Heskett said...

WOW!! Such a BEAUTIFUL Card!! I LOVE your take on the Tilted Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

Martha said...

Ashley, this is simply beautiful! I love the pretty colors.

Linda said...

Very pretty. Love your gradient colors.

Kristii said...

Way fun card!! Love all the color!

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous CAS card - love the ribbon border!

bjmartin said...

Great job! I love the way you inked the colors, and the bow finishes it off beautifully! I'm glad you joined the fun!