6.15.2013

Father's Day Race Car Card

Happy almost Father's Day!

I have to say that when it comes to masculine or father-esk stamps-> my collection falls short. VERY SHORT. I only have one Father's Day sentiment and it's tiny! It actually came with a collection of sentiments for tags. So... I have some possible solutions.

Solution #1: Use alphabet sets and mask other sentiments to make your own! I used an alphabet set last year to make a sentiment for this Father's Day card. This year, I used an alphabet set for the "father's" and a "happy birthday" sentiment for the "happy" and "day" which were selectively inked. Alphabet sets are a great way to add customization and masking sentiments is a great way to get more from a stamp.

Solution #2: Look for versatility- when purchasing sets or going through your stash. The race car on this card is from a more boyish set that also has a dump truck, pickup truck, and bug (the car not the insect). The bug could be used for a a hippie themed card or a new driver card. The trucks could be 'hauling' different items depending on the card's theme (items not included). I can see this set being used for guys of all ages and even girls too!

Now, about this card...
Of course, I HAD to make that little race car move! (Leaving it motionless just wasn't an option!) It doesn't matter how young or old... everyone loves interactive cards.

I paper pieced the car and trimmed the spinner down so it wouldn't be seen (just the part attached to the car, the piece behind it was covered in black card stock). Those lines framing the sentiment are actually from a balloon string stamp (but this could be done with a black pen and ruler).

I love the result. Especially considering that I usually wind up struggling with how to work around the track for the spinner. It's just so unlike other card elements! (But in a totally awesome way!)




THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH Fast and Furious | PTI Headline Alphabet, Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Birthday Style
Ink: CTMH Cranberry | PTI Smokey Shadow 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, True Black
Cuts: PTI Movers and Shakers: Spinners dies 

1 comment:

Kigz said...

LOVE this one! We totally must be on the same wavelength because a spinner card is on my plate too! Your lettering is fab! How in the world do you line it up? I avoid them only because that is a challenge for me. Yours is stunning!