6.12.2013

Make It Monday 120: Ombré Blooms

I was really excited when I saw that this week's Make It Monday was ombré. I've seen it all over but have yet to try it. I wasn't sure how I was going to approach it, but then I remembered this project from Damask Love. The layered blooms were my inspiration for this card's background. I used 3 colors for the blooms and 4 for the leaves (Initially it was 3, but the middle shade of green was too dark, so I added another lighter middle green.) I used a strip for the sentiment and matted it on vellum to soften the transition from the busy background. I also added a die cut bloom and leaf next to the sentiment. The bloom and the strip with vellum are both popped up with foam tape.



THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Mini Blooms
Ink: CTMH Cocoa, Vineyard Berry, Hollyhock, Blush, New England Ivy, Olive, Sweet Leaf | SU Lucky Limeade 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White | vellum
Cuts: PTI Mini Blooms die

2 comments:

Helen F. said...

Beautiful card and envelope, Ashley! Great stamp choices and pretty color combo too :)

artful-notions said...

Cascading ombré flowers? Gorgeous! Love the way you lightened them ever so subtlely. Beautiful set.