6.15.2013

Splat Collages

In honor of Father's Day, I thought I would share some more masculine cards (although for different occasions). I went a little crazy with the grunge/splatter/comic style stamps and collaged them together.

For the first card, I created the collage around the focal point in the upper center. I wanted it too look as if the bike was peeling out.

For the second card, I added color and worked the collage up from the bottom. I also added strips with the sentiment on top. I lined the strips with a black pen to make them stand out against the busy background. RULER = clean and straight lines.

I love the collage effect. I even continued it on the inside of the cards and the envelopes.





THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH Born To Ride, Enjoy The Ride, Instant Memories, Keyboard Uppercase, Typeface, Zoology 
Ink: CTMH Black, Slate, Whisper, Pacifica 
Paper: MFT Sweet Tooth 
Embellishments: CTMH metal brads 
Cuts: fussy

2 comments:

Kigz said...

Where in the world have I been?!?!? Super cute splotchy stamp! I'm looking that one up...how do I not know what that one is??? Love your tune-up sentiment! Thanks for the inspiration as always, Ashley! Now to go see your other goodies!

Cath said...

These are fun! What a great way to emphasize a focal point!

I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)