7.31.2013

Damask Divas Blog Hop: Sarita

This is my farewell hop for the Damask Divas. It has been such a great experience, and I'm so happy that I got to be a part of it.

To start from the top head on over the the Damask Divas blog.
If you're coming from Bridget's blog you're in the right place!

I love the new Sarita paper, so I wanted my card to show off all of the different prints. I have also been experimenting with triangles lately, and I love the different effects that can be made from the basic shape. Want some extra incentive to try it out? Play along with the Moxie Fab Trendy Triangle Challenge. There's loads of triangular inspiration.

I cut my triangles at 3/4 of an inch. I started with the B&T duos but wanted to feature more of the colors. I added some card stock triangles (some stamped and some shimmer) to try and spice it up. I like the result.

I also realized when cutting out my flower that I did not have any navy buttons! I couldn't believe it! Especially because navy is one of my favorite colors! To improvise, I used a clear button with a bit of the navy Sarita paper behind it. I strung the hemp through both the paper and the button to hold them together. Crisis averted...

For the sentiment, I added a bit of a bend to give it some depth and hopefully make it stand out more against the triangle background. The end at the edge of the card is adhered with a foam dot and the end tucked under the flower has two glue dots.


I'm the last stop for today! Hope you enjoyed our projects!



THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH In the Background, Card Chatter-Birthday
Ink: CTMH Outdoor Denim, Goldrush, Gypsy, Cotton Candy
Paper: CTMH Sarita, Colonial White, Goldrush, Cotton Candy, Gypsy | PTI Vintage Cream, Sea Shimmer 
Embellishments: CTMH Clear buttons | MFT Hemp cord | Teresa Collins Memories enamel dots, 
Cuts: CTMH/Cricut Art Philosophy | fussy

3 comments:

Jayma Malme said...

I love the triangles and everything about your card! Perfect embellishing.

Cath said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Kigz said...

WOW! It is Sarita, yet not! Lol...this is fabulous!