7.02.2013

Interactive Pinwheel Birthday Cards

I made one of these (the green one), and I just had to make more. I love the way they turned out. Especially because these cards could be given to anyone -> young or old, boy or girl. Not to mention interactive cards are at least 10 times more fun than regular cards.

I collaged the sentiments and added some scattered stars. I cut the "let's celebrate" sentiment so I could stamp each star on its own. Cutting clear stamps is pretty easy. I recommend using an x-acto knife rather than scissors and cutting it stamp side up on a cutting mat. Some stamps are easier than others. I would try a sentiment or anything requiring a straight cut before trying anything curved. What's great about cutting clear stamps is they can always be "put back together" on a stamping block or stamped individually. While cutting a stamp may make it more likely to rip or tear- I have never had this problem (even when my cuts are a little messy). To be safe, you could always take more care with these stamps and be extra gentle when taking them on/off their backing, but I usually do this with all my stamps (cut or intact).




THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH Pinwheel | PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday
Ink: SU Island Indigo, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder | CTMH Honey 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White 
Embellishments: Basic Grey Shine On/Serendipity buttons and brads 
Cuts: PTI Movers & Shakers: Spinners dies | CTMH/Cricut Artiste | fussy 

2 comments:

Steve Finnell said...

YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY CHRISTIAN BLOG

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is simply stunning!