7.02.2013

Make It Monday 123: Making Custom Paint Colors

This Make It Monday was a bit tricky. Making the paint was easy, but trying to incorporate it into a card was a bit more difficult. I've only ever used watercolors on a card so this was a first.

I actually added my reinker to a purple acrylic paint. I didn't have white, and I figured that since it was already purple I wouldn't have to use so much reinker to get the darker shade I was looking for. However, the paint isn't an exact match to the ink.

I painted the chevron pattern on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of card stock. Once it dried, I started collaging different elements to see what I could come up with. Usually, I make a card around a stamp or sentiment so trying to come up with something around a background was a bit more challenging.

I wanted more of a nautical look. I let the hemp cords go a bit crazy. I think this card looks a lot like July if that makes sense. The coral, navy, and white with the stars are very 4th-esk.



THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Bountiful Banners | CTMH It's Your Day, Pinwheel 
Ink: CTMH Moonstruck | SU Calypso Coral | Brilliance Galaxy Gold 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White | vellum 
Embellishments: Button Bonanza Easter/Spring | MFT Hemp Cord Twine 
Cuts: fussy 

3 comments:

Greta said...

Great job! I love your take on MIM!

artful-notions said...

Love the boldness of the chevrons. Great colors too!

Lindsey said...

I just saw your card on the PTI newlsetter, and I had to pop over to get a closer look. I love it! I love the colors, those bold chevrons, and your fun, collage-ish layout.