7.08.2013

Mojo Monday 300!

It's a HUGE challenge week over at Mojo Monday! They hit 300 and are celebrating with tons of fabulous prizes! I've been waiting all week to try out this sketch, and of course I find myself putting it together last minute!

I knew I wanted to layer the background stamps, but after that I was stumped. I started with flowers and didn't like how it was looking. I tried a bunch of different flowers too. I was so frustrated that I even got up and left. I had to finish though, so later I attempted a recovery of my card base. I pulled out a ton of different stamp sets. I was drawn to the polaroid camera because I though my base had a retro feel. The camera also inspired the burst cut. (I was thinking of the camera flash.) I cut a chunk of card stock and adhered the camera to it. Then I just cut all around it trying to vary the widths and lengths of the points (but only slightly not too much). I also had a button on the end of the sentiment originally but switched to a paperclip for a more schoolish/notebook look. Almost every part of this card is something different than what I originally intended. I'm a bit surprised at the result considering how different it is from what I planned, but I like it.



THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH In the Background, Puns of Praise 
Ink: CTMH Cocoa | SU Pool Party, Lucky Limeade 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White, Lemon Tart
Embellishments: Tim Holtz mini paper clips 
Cuts: fussy and free hand!

1 comment:

Kigz said...

Love it! Great job with the background stamps, Ashley! :)