7.25.2013

Papertrey Blog Hop: Fruits of Summer (Orange You Sweet)

This is my favorite! I wanted to do a fruit card for the Papertrey Ink Fruits of Summer Blog Hop but didn't have any fruit stamps, so I had to improvise! I love the result! (So much so that I made 2 more and coordinating envelopes.) It has so much depth and texture for a single layer card.

I used the tiny triangles to arrange a hexagon pattern for the "orange" and then added single triangles for the "leaves." To make them look more like fruit and less like a print -> I outlined them with a black pen. The circle is outlined 3 times, the leaves are outlined twice, and the slices are outlined once. I think curving the lines at the base of the leaves and the slices really helped.

*This is also perfect for the Simon Says Stamp Foods of Summer Challenge! Thanks to a helpful comment, I was able to add this beauty over there as well!

*Okay, let me start by saying that I usually don't do this... (actually, I never do this). And of course the first time I do it seems to be in excess. HOWEVER, these cards really were perfect for the Moxie Fab Trendy Triangle Challenge. So this is the third submission for these bad boys. It's like dominoes. I can't stop it. They fall where they may! So join in the fun with all of these awesome challenges!







THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Tiny Triangles, Bigger Blooms, Mini Blooms
Ink: CTMH Sunset, Creme Brûlée, Buttercup, Topiary | PTI Limeade Ice, Smokey Shadow 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White 

*edit 

9 comments:

Kristii said...

Soooo cute!! Love all the patterns and colors!!

artful-notions said...

Can't believe you created those fruit slices. They're wonderful! So are you uses of patterns and colors! What a great set!

Ashley Greaux said...

Thank you! The fruit slices are definitely one of my prouder crafting creations!

victoria h said...

yummy card

fun stamping said...

SWEET - LOVE this!

Sorry to tell you that, but this word verification thingy you have on drives me nuts - have so much trouble reading that stuff ;(

Kara said...

very sweet card!!

VikkiCH said...

I hope PTI picked up your innovative use of the Tiny Triangles! So adorable. I only have apple & pear stamps so am glad to see your inspiration!

Lin said...

Love how you made your fruit slices out of triangles! Fantastic card!

Cath said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for linking this up to the Trendy Triangles challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)