7.08.2013

Make It Monday 124: Coordinating Envelope for a Collaged Sentiments Grad Card

This Make It Monday is a neat one. I love decorating envelops to match cards. It's the first thing a person sees when they receive a card. It should look as good as what's inside (especially after spending so much time on said card).

For this card, I started by pulling out a bunch of stamp sets that fit the congrats and graduate theme. I wasn't sure what I was going to do, but I knew I wanted to keep it classic and fairly masculine. I used the school colors (purple and yellow/gold) which definitely made the masculine part more of a challenge. I would say this card is gender neural really. I just wanted to stay away from girly.

I really didn't have any graduate images aside from a few tiny caps, so I focused on my sentiments. I really liked the way the collaged/stacked sentiments looked on the pinwheel cards I had just made, so I thought I would do something along those lines but a tad bigger. I started by playing around with the sentiment stamps on a card base to try and get a shape or look that was pleasing. (I actually wound up adding more in later while I was stamping.) Once I found the right combo, I tried to plan out which sentiment would be which color, but I wound up changing it up as I stamped. (It is a working process after all.) I added some scattered stars in gold around the sentiments and a little cap popped up with foam tape. Pretty simple.

I carried this look over to the envelop by adding a sentiment under his name and some stars. I kept it left justified to match the more right justified card (as opposed to centered). I also used the colors in the wrapping. (The lighting is a bit wonky, but it was some last minute wrapping right before the party.)



THE STUFF
Stamps: CTMH Congrats Graduate, Urban Alphabet, Card Word Puzzle, Pinwheel, Kudos | PTI Sentiment Signs
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow | CTMH Gypsy, Brilliance Galaxy Gold
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White
Embellishments: American Crafts gold glitter tape
Cuts: fussy 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

This card is awesome! I love the collage you created, and the coordinating envelope is such a fun touch.