9.02.2013

A Very Moxie Christmas

Happy Labor Day! 

I busted out my Christmas stamps and papers for the Moxie Fab Holiday Cards and Moxie Fab Holiday Tags challenges.

I kept my tag simple with white card stock, white string, white ribbon, and then a colorful image.  I used 5 different inks for my ombré tree and added bitty sparkles to finish it off. 


THE STUFF:
Stamps: MFT Seasonal Sentiments
Ink: CTMH Sunny Yellow, Topiary, Ponderosa Pine, Cocoa | SU Lucky Limeade 
Paper: PTI Stamper's Select White
Embellishments: CTMH Neutral baker's twine, bitty sparkles | PTI 1/4" white silk ribbon
Cuts: Lifestyle Crafts circle dies 


I wanted to make an interactive card. I used the adorable little reindeer from Create-A-Critter and the curvy track so it would look like he was frolicking in the snow. I used an x-acto knife to cut the curved edge above the track so it looks like hills. I added snowflake pattern paper for the sky and a little cluster of embellishments to give it some more interest. 

Surprisingly- this is a stamp free card! (It's surprising because stamps and ink are usually in every card I make- if not the focus of the card entirely!) I didn't plan it this way. It just kind of happened. I like it though and should definitely try it more often. 


THE STUFF
Paper: Carta Bella Winter Fun | Studio Calico Classic Calico Volume 3 | PTI Stamper's Select White, Scarlet Jewel | MFT Kraft, Neutral 
Embellishments: CTMH Burlap ribbon, Brown and Tan sparkles | Tim Holtz mini paperclips
Cuts: PTI Movers and Shakers: Spinners dies | Cricut Create-A-Critter 

3 comments:

Cath said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks for linking this up to the Holiday Tag Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Cath said...

Hey Ashley! Thanks also for linking this up to the Holiday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

Kigz said...

ADORABLE card! Great use of a spinner! I passed on that MFT stamp set...oh man! LOVE that tag...sweet and simple.