11.17.2013

A Rare Find

I love this guy! He is, without a doubt, my favorite new stamp!

I paper pieced his fur and colored his tongue. (The little squiggles are actually waves on the pattern paper.)
I made a shaker snow globe for his home. I used shimmer card stock for the background and regular white card stock for the lump of snow he is standing on. I hole punched a bunch of confetti from both the shimmer and regular card stock. I used 1/8" foam tape to keep all of the confetti and glitter inside. The Yeti is popped up with 1/16" foam tape. I used circle dies for the snow globe bubble and base along with the banner. It's a fun card but requires a lot of foam tape!

Rather than reinvent the wheel- here is where I learned how to make shakers and curved banners.
Damask Love has a wonderful banner tutorial
Paper, Scissors, Superheroes has an awesome shaker tutorial


THE STUFF
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Yeti, Set, Go
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow
Paper: Lawn Fawn Peace Joy Love | Studio Calico Atlantic, PTI White Shimmer, PTI Stamper's Select White
Embellishments: Martha Stewart Crystal fine glitter
Cuts: Lifestyle Crafts circle dies, 1/4" and 1/8" hole punch

No comments: