2.11.2014

Papertrey Ink 7th Anniversary Sketch and Color Challenge Part I

I'm very much guilty of neglecting my blog lately. I've had quite the crazy start to 2014. However, it comes with good news... I've been accepted to graduate school! I'm very excited for the opportunity to continue my education and the new adventure it will bring me.

But now for the long overdue...
I thought Papertrey's 7th Anniversary Celebration would be the perfect thing to get back in the crafting spirt. With tons of challenges and contests, it was just the dose of creativity I needed!

For this card, I stamped the stripes. I used the diagonal line on my cutting mat to make sure they were all parallel. I cut the "30" out of card stock and chipboard then used the chipboard to make a drop shadow. I stamped the sentiment on a strip of white card stock then scored the ends to fold like a banner. I cut the little fishtail on each end of the banner to finish it off. 


THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Stylish Sentiments: Birthday, Background Basics: Super Stripes
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Pure Poppy | CTMH Créme Brulee, Sunset | SU Lucky Limeade 
Paper: PTI Smokey Shadow, Stamper's Select White | Silhouette chipboard 
Cuts: Silhouette (Font: Antonio)

1 comment:

Jen Carter said...

I love this Ashley! I like how you've spaced the lines and the colors you used!