3.25.2014

Papertrey Blog Hop: High Gloss

For high gloss, I knew I wanted to use a bunch of colors. I liked the idea of pairing a rainbow of colors with black and white. I also liked that pairing with black provided more of an edgy feel while pairing with white seemed brighter. So, I thought it would be fun to make one of each- like Yin and Yang. So here are my inverse cards!

I cut strips of color card stock and adhered them to the card base. To get the glossy look, I put a piece of clear card stock on top of the color strips (adhering to the card base in-between the gaps from the color strips). To hide the adhesive, I covered the gaps with strips of white/black card stock. I cut the color strips at 3/4" and the black/white strips at 1/2"

I was so tempted to add more embellishments. I love the collage/cluster look. However, I didn't want to take away from the boldness of the shiny stripes of color. I wanted them to be the star. Although, I might try this technique again with more subtle colors or even just white to use as a background. I like the contrast of the shine and matte.




THE STUFF
Stamps: PTI Keep It Simple: Birthday
Ink: PTI True Black | Versamark | Zing! White embossing powder
Paper: PTI Clear, True Black, Stamper's Select White, Royal Velvet, Pure Poppy, Orange Zest, Limeade Ice, Tropical Teal

3 comments:

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! LOVING this!! Such an AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL Design!! I LOVE your take on the Challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Kristii said...

What fun cards!! Love, love, love the bold stripes!! FAbulous!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love that you didn't add anything extra - the clean, graphic look of the rainbow stripes really makes a great statement. Really love the black version!